Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let the Rain Fall Down

We have ice...oh yeah! You know it's a lot when our offices close. I've been at MARS for 3 years now and NEVER have the offices closed for weather. But here I sit, in my PJ's, lap top in lap, remote on ready...sending emails to clients at 6:30 in the morning. And oh yes, conference calls will go on.

So snow day...I must say, we never had one growing up in Florida. There was the one time we experienced the "hurricane" day but never a snow day.

When I was a stay at home mom, the snow day meant so much more...everyone sleeping in, kids playing and resting all day, homemade breakfast from a pan on the stove and not the toaster, children begging to layer up and go outside. Now it means, uh oh! Plans B, C and D....activate - shape of a babysitter, form of a basket full of video games and snacks to take to the babysitter. Am I the only working mom that hates this feeling? OHHHH the guilt.

Those were the days...I hope to get them back eventually! Guess I'd better hurry, that rain is coming to quickly these days.

No comments: